Monday, June 8, 2009

Week 2

This week Tyler is taking acidophiles and grapefruit see extract 3 times a day. He was sick over the weekend but seems to be doing better now. We're out of Rice Milk so we'll see how he does with the Almond Milk.

Next week we will be reducing carbs so this week I get to brainstorm on meals. I have found that lunches for everyone seem to be the most difficult. Cutting out mac & cheese and all the cream soups really cut back on our lunch menu! I've been considering making mac & cheese for the other kids and just giving Tyler something different. For the most part I've been trying to make the change without making a big deal about it. But maybe for my sanity I need to do something different. What do you think?

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

God Bless you on your trying the diet. I tried it with my son(family of 7 at the time) and it was too much work. After having him tested for food allergies/celiac on base then with a Ped. GI I decided against it.

Cloth by Kim said...

I thought about having him tested (and still may), but my one friend who has had so much success with the diet also found that what shows up in the lab doesn't always reflect what shows up in behavior. Her son doesn't show intolerant to gluten at all in the lab, but if he gets some he starts flapping and such.

I have another friend who tried the diet on one child and it helped him but it didn't do a thing for her daughter. Our children are just so different! I wish there was an easy formula.... I think that I mentioned before that I'm inwardly hoping that it doesn't work just because it's so much extra work for me! But I have to try....