Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 5

Tonight I get to try making pizza with Vegan Gourmet cheese. I'll be sure to add extra toppings so it may not be too bad. The cheese is so expensive that I'll only be making one for Tyler, then I'll do a regular pizza for the rest of us.

This week has been a bit challenging. The casein free meals haven't been that difficult, but I'm having a hard time knowing if anything is helping. I'm watching 2 extra boys this summer so the added craziness means that I'm not spending as much time with Tyler (or the others) as I would like. I'm hoping that I'll be able to spend some time with the kids tomorrow and that I will (hopefully) see something that has changed. We'll see. Some people don't see the difference by removing casein until it gets added back into the diet.

I have been wondering something though. For those of you that have a child on a special diet, how do you handle visiting family/friends? How about sending your child to something like VBS where they get snacks?

1 comment:

Faerylandmom said...

For VBS, make sure to pack snacks clearly labeled for Tyler, and hand them off each day to the snack person in charge. Also, on his registration, make sure to write down his diet restrictions - whether there's space or not.

Make sure to tell Tyler that he needs to ask for his own snacks too. :-)

He'll do just fine, I'm sure.