Friday, November 26, 2010

Things that I Can Make

I've been trying to compile a list of things that I can make to sell to raise money for our adoption expenses. This is the list that I've come up with so far:

  • Baby Rag Quilt
  • Scrunchies/Hair Bands
  • Stroller Bungee Clip
  • Diapers
  • Cloth Changing Pad
  • Wet Diaper Bag
  • Dish Cloths
  • Dish/Veggie Scrubber
My problem is that I have no idea how to sell the stuff! And to be honest, some of these things cost enough money that it's easier to make them as they are ordered. Maybe I'll just be spending too much time trying to do this? Is it worth it? All of these items can be found on etsy, so I'm not sure that I'm unique enough for people to buy from me vs. everyone else that's out there!

We need about $1000 in furniture type items. Other than that, we're really don't need much else as long as we continue our plan of adopting through foster care. I've thought about teaching piano again, but I would really not be able to keep up with that once our children are home with us. I'd hate to start something that I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up.

What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

Tiff said...

I think that if you started an etsy shop, you might be able to raise enough via word of mouth. If your friends and family share the link often, some "friends of friends" may take a look and decide to help out, since it's for a good cause.

Don't rule out etsy yet. :-) Also - look into a local craft fair. Maybe?